December 14, 2011

How I make my Quesadillas & Homemade Guac. YUM!

Hello!!!!


So in between all the craziness of this Christmas season I have come to a time when I can blog again. I guess I didn't factor in two kids, lots of Christmas and other parties, Church stuff, baking, shopping (wait, still need to do that!)), etc. with my blogging schedule. I have however jotted down some ideas for where I want my blog to go. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with it. Because I do love sharing stuff with you all! =)

So with that said I'd like to post a lovely post on how I make quesadillas & homemade guacamole, YUM! In our house guacamole is a staple, as in we eat it a LOT. More often I make it for lunch with what we eat. Our kids love it & it's good for the body so I feel we should have it often. That's a mom statement. A mom of a VERY picky two year old, although I'm very surprised of the things she will actually eat. Hoping Carter doesn't follow in her footsteps. Anyways, here is how I make those yummy things.


First I’m not sure how much you are familiar with making guacamole, but of course you need an avocado that’s ripe and ready for cutting into. It should be dark in color (outside) and soft. Inside it will be a nice yellow green. Scrape out the inside leaving the round middle to the side. (I’ve heard to save the middle & put it in your guacamole if there are any left, it helps preserve the color) Mash the avocado up like you would mash a banana. Then sprinkle about a 1/3 tsp of garlic & onion powder over it, and a dash of S/P. Then I used the lemon juice and put about a Tbsp in. I grabbed about two Tbsp of fresh Cilantro and broke it up with my hands and mixed it in. And last I cut up a tomato, making sure to clean out the seedy inside, and diced it into small pieces and mixed that into it. PERFECT!

To make the Quesadillas first I cut a boneless chicken breast into small pieces & cooked over medium heat on the stovetop. I put in about a tablespoon of olive oil too. 


Then I drained the water from the black beans & rinsed them. Also you can then prepare the shells, cheese, and whatever else you want inside the shells on the side so you can have them ready. I also had a plate with paper towel so that I could put the chicken in after they were cooked, and they would dry out & cool off a bit.

I warm up both sides in the pan on medium heat, with a tad bit of olive oil. Then start filling the shell. Be careful to put everything towards the center, since the cheese will melt and spread out. About a minute on both sides & WALA!




Use a pizza cutter to cut it up & serve with my homemade Guacamole & light sour cream. You can also mix some salsa, Jalapenos, or whatever hot sauce you prefer. For me, I like them not so hot.


Enjoy!

How do you make your Quesadillas?? What do you like with them?


Merry CHRISTmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment