December 3, 2011

Advent

Hello again!!

Thanks for the comment Janice =) I think we have a lot in common. We make pizza because I don't like to make anything hard. I literally just throw it together and don't make my own crust or sauce. Maybe someday I'll get the ambition. Maybe not. :p 

As we countdown the days till Christmas, we enter into the Advent season. But what is Advent? To some it means that little piece of Chocolate from their cardboard Advent Calendar, or that candle lit each week until Christmas is here, maybe you unwrap a small gift until the day, or build the nativity scene a little each day, whatever you do, maybe you do it because it's tradition and not because you know what ADVENT truely means? Or maybe you do. Having two little ones in our house now I've wanted to find some sort of fun Advent tradition we can share as a family, since kids of course can NOT wait till Christmas.  

First, I just thought I'd bring some light to what Advent means:

advent |ˈadˌvent|
noun [in sing. ]the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event the advent of television.• ( Advent) the first season of the church year, leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding Sundays.• ( Advent) Christian Theology the coming or second coming of Christ

I love that definition and how no where in the definition it talks about Santa, but about Christ. It's neat Advent also means the second coming of Christ. Anyways, I'm not here to bash all those Santa loving people, because Santa will be bringing our kids some gifts as they get older and understand the fun in that. But, I am here to bring light onto what Advent means. 
On Pinterest, yes again I'm referring to good ol Pinterest, I've searched advent and found some really cool ways people celebrate Advent. 
Here are a few:

via

each day read a small card & do as a family. (sorry no link)


via

via

via 

Crazy about the wait yourself?? Check this out... Christmas Countdown Clock. Ha!

How do you celebrate Advent in your home?


Waiting patiently for Christmas,

No comments:

Post a Comment