November 26, 2011

My first post- Christmas Wreath DIY

Why hello there :-)


I thought it was appropriate to start my blog with a fun post. For the last few months I’ve been eyeing a tree in our woods that I thought would be perfect for a Christmas wreath. I had bought the metal hanger, a red bow, & the metal circular thingy to attach the branches to a few weeks ago. (YES, I did forget to buy metal wire to attach the branches to the metal circle) So today I ventured out to the fasted place (WALGREENS) & picked up some metal ornament hooks that worked well. Not the best, but I’ll say not bad for only 99 cents. So all in all the cost of the wreath was about $8. Not bad. And although it takes time, between naps & diaper changes & a girl who wanted to “help”, maybe 1 hour total, it was worth every ounce of my energy.

Isn’t she a beauty?  I feel really good about hanging it up. Although I also feel like putting up a sign that says, “I cut the branches & put it together ALL BY MYSELF, isn’t it pretty?” No, I would never put that up. Or maybe I would? Don’t we all feel that way at times? So here is my first DIY post. I hope it inspires you to go out & make something yourself to decorate for Christmas.

Oh how I love Christmas.

But lets remember why we do all this. Celebrating the birth of our Savior.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
—Isaiah 9:6-7

Merry Christmas!


ps. anyone know how to get the box off my signature. I'm still so new at all this.
                  

3 comments:

  1. Hi!! Welcome to blog-world! It's quite addicting you know! I am going to do that exact same thing and go out back to collect pine boughs for the house. I'd like to find a teensy-weensy tree for the house but I'm not going to top off any. I just started to decorate. Have fun and blog often
    : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete