February 1, 2012

Chicken Quinoa Soup

Why hello. I'm still here. Just a few days of intense potty training has exhausted me. Ya, she's still in diapers. But we're getting there. =)

I whipped up a beautiful soup yesterday and was really happy with the results. 

Here we go:
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
1/2 Cup Celery
1/2 Onion Diced
1 Tbsp Butter
1/2 cup flour
2 Cans of Chicken Broth (14 ounces each)- I used stuff I made, YUM!
1 Cup Milk
1 cup cubed Chicken (off the bone is the best)
1 1/2 cups cooked plain Quinoa
s/p to taste



Melt butter and put in veggies till soft. Then add the flour, I took it off the burner to combine. Then I added the liquid ingredients and mixed them together well. And then put on high till it boiled pretty good. Now add the chicken and cooked Quinoa. And then add S/P to taste. That's all. 


How to cook Quinoa:

  2 Cups Water to 1 Cup Quinoa
 Boil then turn it to low & put the timer on 15 minutes. Boom. =)




So yummy!! Even Carter didn't mind some with a little applesauce.

Oh and speaking of Carter did you know...
$2 of ORGANIC (did you hear that?? Organic!!) Carrots cooked and put in the magic bullet makes this...


 That's a super savings! And I didn't even peal the carrots, haha. 
Just clean em up, chop em up, cook em up, and magic bullet bullet em up with a little water. 
BOOM! I could have made more, but my guess is he's not going to be eating much baby food because he already eats lots of other things just diced up small. Oh and then I froze most of this. So when I need them I just take them out and put in the fridge a day before so it can thaw. 
Super easy!

Happy February!!

No comments:

Post a Comment